Gavin Rajah for LEGiT VIP Launch Party...



It was an absolute privilege attending the Gavin Rajah LEGiT Collaboration VIP Launch party not so long ago. It was held at the most elegant venue, Shepstone Gardens which I might add is all things dreamy. The weather held up perfectly and a beautiful ambiance was set with pixie lights, high fashion, delightful gourmet food, champers and collected intimate crowd. We got to view a full runway style show of the entire collection as well as an installation after, which I really enjoyed as we got to visually deconstruct each outfit and fully appreciate the detail and craftsmanship of the brand that is Gavin Rajah.

‘I wasn’t willing to do something where I just put my name on the garments, it had to be on my terms,’ he explained. ‘All the garments were made in my studio and it was a very intensive process – I also shot the campaign, chose the models and directed the whole process.’
 Having seen a preview of the collection, I can confirm that it is worth the wait. All the garments in the range were personally designed by Rajah, who sketched each piece and created custom prints exclusively for LEGiT.
There was major anxiety that there might be a compromise on fabric and quality when couture designers pair down their designs for the mass market, however rest assured that the fabrics are good quality with a ‘high-end’ look and feel. The fabrics used include jacquard, brocade, and sequins of course.The Gavin Rajah for LEGiT collection includes dresses, skirts, beautiful printed leggings and tops as well as shoes and accessories allowing consumers to own the complete manifestation.


The Gavin Rajah Collective will hit LEGiT stores end November just in time for festive.

(Apologies for the bad picture quality, I promise a better camera is on my wishlist...)
 

Comments